This is the type of shit that drives me crazy about ESPN. They have this poll up on their site asking who the best point guard in the NBA is. These are your 5 choices in the order they appear in the poll: Jeremy Lin, Chris Paul, Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose, and Someone Else. I don’t know about you but one of these point guards is not like the other, and that point guard is Jeremy Lin. Are you kidding me ESPN? Lin has played 5 games. The other guys on this list have played for 5 seasons. And it’s not like this is all ESPN’s fault either, because the voters deserve just as much blame. According to the voters, Jeremy Lin is basically the number 3 point guard in the league, ahead of Rajon Rondo. The same Rajon Rondo who just put up a triple double to beat the Bulls minus Derrick Rose, who was voted the number 1 point guard. So actually the voters deserve 95% of the fault. How do you even justify putting someone who only played 5 games ahead of someone who just dropped a triple-double against one of the best teams in the league? Doesn’t even make sense. The other 5% of the blame goes to ESPN for even putting Lin’s name in this poll. I know they are tying to capitalize on Lin’s success, but are they really so quick to hop on that train so fast? Did they not learn from Tim Tebow? ESPN is like a girl in middle school with a different crush every week. Grow up ESPN, grow up.

Advertisements